- Name and contact information of the person submitting the proposal.
- University of Illinois appointment(s)
- Biographical Information
- Short curriculum vita not to exceed two pages listing employment, education, awards, and publications. Please also note graduate and undergraduate student research supervision.
- Optional: Long curriculum vita and website URL.
- Optional Information
- Gender, ethnicity, birth date.
- Executive Officer Approval Form
- Future sabbatical leave plans
- List other sources of support for which you have applied, or intend to apply, to support this project. Please note: faculty recipients of a CAS release-time award are prohibited from also accepting an IPRH fellowship or other campus release-time award (such as from the Campus Research Board) during the same academic year of their CAS appointment.
- Dates of (a) any earlier release-time appointments, (b) all sabbaticals or other leaves of absence, and (c) any fellowships awarded during the preceding five years.
- Proposal Title
- Two-sentence description of your proposed project. In the case of a successful proposal, this information will be used in published references to your project.
- Summary statement of your proposed project (up to 300 words, approx. 1/2 page, single spaced) written in language that a non-specialist would understand.
- Statement of Plans (3 pages, single spaced). The selection committee includes faculty members from the sciences, social sciences, humanities, and the arts. It is therefore to your advantage to describe your project using plain language that is accessible to the non-specialist. Applicants in scholarly or professional fields should provide a detailed, concise plan of research. Applicants in the arts should submit a similar statement of plans defining the proposed creative activity.
NOTE: Referees will NOT be able to send in their evaluations until you have submitted your application. Please confirm with your letter writers ahead of time that they will be able to submit their assessments by the deadline.
- Three Referees. Provide the name, institution/organization, phone number, and e-mail address for referees. All referees must be widely recognized scholars or professionals from institutions other than the University of Illinois who are familiar with your scholarly accomplishments.
- After submitting your application, follow the instructions to send requests for letters of support from your three (3) referees. These emails will include your narrative proposal.