CAS: George A. Miller
Visiting Professors & Scholars
NOTE: Electronic letters of support CANNOT be accepted until an application has been electronically submitted.
1. Applicant(s) and Visitor
- Name(s) and contact information of the person(s) submitting the proposal.
visitor's name and affiliation
- Short (1-page) biography of the proposed visitor, highlighting exceptional qualifications and noting key publications or awards.
- Optional: website address for complete biographical information.
- Event Title
- Dates on Campus
- Narrative. Describe the impact this visit will have on the University of Illinois community of scholars; planned interaction with your unit's faculty and students and in cross-disciplinary venues; and the community of scholars who will most benefit and how.
- Budget. Financial responsibility for Miller Visitors is shared by your unit and the GAM Programs Committee. Your unit is expected to make a substantial commitment to the costs of the visit.
- Unit head's letter is required indicating the financial commitment of your unit and how this visit will impact on the unit as a whole.
- After submitting your application, follow the instructions to send requests for letters of support from three (3) people from different departments or other organizations/universities, in addition to the letter from your unit head. These emails will include your narrative proposal.